Apr 10, 2007

Random press conference from Rants

Guest Submission
from
Albany Rants
Ok, ok, ok. Enough already with the questions. Geez Louise, I feel like a war spy that's just been outed and I am now in a dark room with a bright light shining down on me with some mean looking bugger asking me if I'm ready to spill the beans now before he starts doing nasty things to my fingernails.
I'll take just two questions from the audience at tonight's press conference. Yes, ma'am, you in the back in the blue dress. What is your question?
"Mr Rants, why did you stop publishing your own blog?"
Because I am a lazy shit and to do an effective blog, one needs to add new entries on a semi regluar basis, at least. And that ain't me, honey. By the way, I like the outfit.
Final question. Yes, you in the back. The woman in the blue dress.
"But you just answered my question. Why are you recognizing me again?"
Beacuse the more I look you over, the hotter I think you are. Now, what's your question?
"Well, despite that comment, here it goes: Why the new relationship with TechValleyTimes? I don't get the connection."
A few reasons. One, we have a mutual friend that introduced us. He said something to the effect of "you two should hook up; there's something there that could work." I doubt it, but we'll let it play out. I will say this, though: this Millis guy is a crazy bastard and the community would be well advised to keep out of his way. He's a f'ing steamroller baby! Oh, sorry: that's the other crazy bastard setting up shop further downtown. Never mind; comment withdrawn.
Two: I had already known about TVT indirectly, as a result of my antagonizing (deuling with) some blogosphere lunatic that had some sort of past relationship gone bad issue with TVT. I figured that anyone that had rejected this clown as the buffon that he is must have his own head on straight, so I took my buddy up on his offer to sit us down together on adjoining bar stools.
Three: this guy here has a neat little trick up his sleeve--a cool business idea that he's putting the pieces together on that I want to be a part of. In other words, maybe there's some method to the madness giung on behind all this.
That's all the questions I will take today. Now, if Ms Blue Dress will kindly make her way to the podium, I have some followup comments I'd like to discuss with you.

No comments: