1. I'll estimate that I have held at least one conversation with about a quarter-million unique individual human beings over the course of my life. Yeah, a wild guess, to be sure. But take your own shot at coming up with this fig. See, I told you that math could be fun!
2. Out of that quarter-million, I'll estimate that the topic of music was part of a conversation with any of them at a clip of approximately 5%.
3. 250,000 x 5% = 12,500 people.
4. Out of that 12,500, two (2) of them told me something to the effect of "The Figgs are the greatest rock and roll band in history." Yes, twice I've heard this -- from two different people.
5. So that means 0.16% of my 'musical universe" believes this to be a true statement. "Heck, that's not even a full one-percent," you might poo-poo. My reply: "Yeah, but there's been millions of bands!" Think about it, won't you?.
Personally, I have never seen these local Saratoga Springs legends. But that will change this Saturday night (Aug 18), as the boys return to the city of their youth (and of their first show ever in Geyser Crest) for THE FIGGS 25TH ANNIVERSARY at the Putnam Den. $10 gets you in the door for a look at some loud history.